Saturday, January 10, 2015

DIY 365: Cold Care Bath Salts

We're well into cold season, and while no one here is currently suffering, I thought I would share something that I keep on hand just in case: Cold Care Bath Salts.

I wish I could make this scratch 'n' sniff!
This was inspired by some bath salts I got in a "cold care" bath set years and years ago. The next time I went to get some, it had been discontinued. I love this because it's so easy, and it really helps ease the misery. Did I mention it's easy?


Just two ingredients, really. Epsom salts and eucalyptus essential oil. The Epsom salts in a hot bath help ease muscle ache, and the eucalyptus oil mixed with the steam of the bath helps clear sinuses (it's the same scent that gives Vicks Vaporub its olfactory punch).

Beyond cold season, you could change up the essential oil with other scents. Think lavender for calming, rose for a romantic bath, citrus for invigorating.

Cold Care Bath Salts

Materials:
1 cup Epsom salts
30 drops eucalyptus essential oil
Small jar

Measure Epsom salt into jar, then carefully add oil. Close lid and shake to mix.

To use, put several tablespoonfuls into a hot bath and relax.

No comments: